Just like any other nutritional supplement, it is advisable to avoid taking this pill in boatloads and expect more immediate results. Here are four golden rules that will come in handy when it comes to consuming Garcinia Cambogia:
- Generally speaking, a single dose should be one or two capsules depending on the HCA concentration of that particular brand. Never take more than 2 pills in one serving. The standard recommended dosage is 1500mg daily when the HCA concentration is 60%-this is a great starting point if you are a beginner.
- It is advisable to only take this supplement continuously for 12 weeks and then take a short break (minimum of 2 weeks) before you resume your intake. This will prevent toxicity and help your body have time to naturally detoxify.
- Avoid taking Garcinia Cambogia on a full stomach. As a rule of thumb always stake this supplement thirty to sixty minutes before a main meal.
- When taking Garcinia Cambogia pills ensure you drink at least two litres of water daily. This will help avoid toxicity and will also avoid digestion irregularities such as constipation.
When taken correctly:
- You can expect noticeable results in at least two weeks to a month of consistent use provided you take the supplement while exercising regularly and eating healthy
- The first few weeks, your system is still getting acclimatized to Garcinia Cambogia so expect constipation that will eventually fade after the first month of consistent use
- While some people do not experience any negative side effects, others experience a slew of undesirable effects including:
- Increased weakness, fatigue and fogginess
- Skin Rashes
- Increased vulnerability to catching colds
- Abnormal bad breath and dry mouth
- Headaches that particularly happen a few minutes after taking Garcinia Cambogia
- Digestive irregularities such as diarrhea, nausea, and loss of appetite
Another important consideration when taking Garcinia Cambogia pills is the potential drug interactions. This supplement can negatively interact with
- Breastfeeding and pregnancy-related drugs
- Drugs that are taken manage and control allergies and asthma
- Medications prescribed to persons with pre-existing kidney and liver damage
- Diabetics drugs including insulin injections
- Iron supplements that are prescribed to persons with anemia
- Pain medication
- Drugs prescribed for mental disorders such as depression and anxiety
- Statin medication which helps to lower cholesterol levels
- Blood-thinning medication such as Warfarin
Taking Garcinia Cambogia incorrectly:
There several ways that people abuse this supplement including:
- Overdosing taking more than 1500mg for a beginner and 2500mg for someone who has been taking the supplement for more than 3months
- Mixing Garcinia Cambogia with other supplements that it can interact with negatively causing undesirable side effects or impairing the effectiveness of HCA. For instance, taking this supplement while consuming calcium supplements
The most dangerous side effect of taking Garcinia Cambogia is toxicity which in extreme cases can lead to liver and kidney failure. The great news is that this can easily be avoided by taking the recommended dosage, only take the recommended dosage as labeled on the packaging and nothing more. To avoid the levels of Garcinia Cambogia in the body from building to the level of toxicity, take a break after consuming this supplement consistently for 12 weeks. The break is extremely important because it helps the body naturally flush out any excessive build up.