Dr. Oz recommends garcinia cambogia as a weight loss supplement. However, make sure you read what he says about it and its restrictions before you decide to jump the fence…
When Dr. Oz talks most people listen; that is why so many people got interested when he called garcinia cambogia the holy grail of diets. According to him, this is the greatest diet supplement that he has ever come across. For this to be true, we have to understand who Dr. Oz is and why he is qualified to make such a statement. After that, we’ll have a look at garcinia cambogia and its weight loss effects.
Dr. Mehmet Oz is a Turkish American who started off his medical career as a professor in the Department of Surgery at Columbia University. He is also the director of the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. Other than his interest and expertise in heart replacement surgery and minimally invasive cardiac surgery, he has dedicated his life to health care policy.
He has made it his mission to make sure that people understand how to live better lives through better health choices. Apart from having his own show, the Dr. Oz Show, he has appeared in some of the top shows in America. In most of them, he answers viewers’ questions about health and well-being.
In other words, when Dr. Oz vouches for something, we know that he has the information to back it up. So what is he talking about when he says that garcinia cambogia is the best thing to happen to us since sliced bread?
What is garcinia cambogia and just how does it help you lose weight?
Garcinia cambogia is an extract made from a fruit that is produced by a tree of the same name. The tree is found in Southern Asia, particularly in some parts of southern India and in other countries that share a similar climate. In the places where it grows naturally, it is used as a condiment to garnish sea foods and to give beef curries a tangy taste.
The natives of these lands also appreciate the medicinal value of garcinia cambogia; they use to take care of several ailments including diarrhea, rheumatism, menstrual pains and edema. Its value as a weight loss agent has only been recently discovered by the wider world.
To help you lose weight, it does one of two things:
– It makes you feel full. When you are hungry or running low in energy, hormones are released that tell your brain that you need to eat. Garcinia slows down the release of these hormones so that you stay feeling fuller for a longer time. At the end of the day, you will have eaten a lot less than you would have without the supplement.
– It also stops fats from being absorbed into your body after digestion. All the food that you eat is broken down and absorbed into the body at different areas of the digestive tract. Garcinia cambogia stops the absorption of fat in your diet so overall, your body survives on the fat that it has already stored. Over just a few weeks, the body will have consumed most of the extra fat that was stored in the body.
The combination of these two processes is what makes garcinia cambogia such a powerful weight loss supplement.
Where should you buy it?
Some people say that they suffered side effects from taking garcinia cambogia; this is not supposed to happen. Remember that people who live where it grows consume it regularly as a part of their meals without any side effects.
Some research has been done on some of the brands of the extract in the market today. The bad news is that a large number of them don’t offer the original garcinia cambogia extract but rather a synthetic version that is manufactured using part extract and part filler and whatever chemicals are required to give the product a shelf life.
If you want to be safe, Always look at the amount of extract in the supplement. The good brands have at least more than 50% extract. Look for anything higher than that and you will be safe. Beware of some brands that have as low as 20% – the rest of the supplement is probably the one that causes reactions.
Are there any restrictions?
This is an important question to ask before you take any supplement. Garcinia cambogia is restricted for the following people:
– Pregnant and lactating mothers are advised not to take it; there isn’t enough research to indicate whether it would harm the foetus; also, babies need all their fat. Taking garcinia through the mother’s milk could lead to developmental difficulties.
– Diabetics are advised not to take it as well; it can lead to sudden spikes in blood sugar because of the way it forces the body to treat fat.
– Anyone who has dementia, Alzheimer’s and any other condition that affects memory is advised not to take it. It seems to make these conditions worse.
– If you have a heart condition of any kind, clear it with your doctor first. In fact, if you have any kind of long term medical condition, you must clear any supplement with your doctor before you take it.
– Lastly, and this one is important: the current dosages in the market are created for people over 18 years of age. Teenagers and young children should not take it. Also, At that age, all that is recommended is a good diet and lots of exercise.
You can go ahead and try garcinia cambogia; when Dr. Oz recommends it as the best weight loss extract, you can be sure that he knows what he is talking about. Also, this is one weight loss supplement that you can take without worrying about side effects. For more reviews, visit this page…
USA & Canada: